- Make sure you’re on Local 1.4.1 or newer
- On your MAMP site install and activate Duplicator
- Go to Duplicator in the WordPress Admin and create a new “Package” that’s a full site backup
- Once the backup completes download the .zip (installer.php isn’t needed) to a safe space
- Open Local and trigger the import by doing one of these three things
- Drag and drop the backup .zip onto the main Local window
- Drag and drop the backup .zip onto Local’s Dock icon (macOS only)
- Continue through the import site steps
- Note: Make sure the site domain in Local is different than what it is in MAMP!
If anyone has any alternate ways they do this feel free to share!