Release Date: May 20th, 2020
Operating Systems: macOS, Windows, and Linux
What’s New in Local 5.5.1
Apache is now available as a web server choice!
Apache is now a web server choice in Local (again)! This was the most upvoted feature on Local Feedback, and we’re thrilled that it’s back.
Known issue: Apache and PHP 5.6 will result in the site showing “No input file specified.” While this limitation may be frustrating, we did not want to hold up the release. In the meantime, you can continue to use PHP 5.6 with NGINX. We hope to have a fix for this soon!
Improved Keyboard Accessibility
You can now navigate various flows in Local such as the Add Site flow entirely with your keyboard. Also, some components like the dropdown are now keyboard friendly, so this can be taken advantage of throughout Local.
Keep an eye out for future accessibility improvements.
- Added text about the services below “Preferred” environment in New Site flow
- Text and flow improvements regarding Local Hub
- Various fixes on Windows after the 5.4.2 release such as the MailHog button not working, database information not showing, and a few other frustrating bugs.
- Fixed issue where search and replace wouldn’t run in some cases after pushing to WP Engine. Bug Report
- Fixed issue where clicking on the show site folder icon on the Site Overview screen would show the site folder in Finder/Explorer rather than opening it