Troubleshoot: Connect to WP Engine
Most issues connecting to WP Engine via Local Connect can be solved by re-authenticating the API.
Generate API Credentials
First, you’ll want to head to your User Portal and generate some new API credentials.
- Head over to the API Access page of your WP Engine User Portal under Users > API Access
- Locate the account name you wish to enable access for
- Click Manage
- Make sure Account API Access is on
- Click Generate Credentials to return to the previous page
- Click the Generate Credentials button at the top
- Leave this page open for easy access in the next step
Reconnect Local to WP Engine
Next, open up Local and disconnect from WP Engine, then re-establish the API connection.
- Open Local on your computer
- Click the Connect icon in the sidebar
- Click My Hosts in the top right
- Log out of WP Engine
- Click Connect to a platform
- Click Log in next to the WP Engine logo
- Enter the API username and password you obtained previously
- Click Connect to WP Engine